Friday 28 August 2009

MIU MIU Socks...To D.I.Y. For

How amazing are these Miu Miu sequin embellished knee socks. But with a price tag of £245 (WTF, they're only cotton socks!!!???) I think I'll be doing my own DIY version in time for autumn. If you have money to burn the black version is sold at Net-a-Porter.com.

Pondering how to wear them?
They kinda look like embellished knee high boots don't they? My DIY version will probably be paired with Topshop nude leather ballet pumps that I plan on buying when I go back to work.

The nude colour palette was continued throughout the MIU MIU a/w 09-10 ready to wear show as well. I have a major obsession with all things nude at the moment!

Which is causing me a slight problem in picking a colour of Le Sac dress from American Apparel. Yes, it's another 'Ways To Wear' piece. £34 for 6 different looks = £5.66 per dress (not including the infinite possibilities you can come up with yourself). You can't even get a dress for that price at Primark, and even if you could it would probably fall to pieces after a couple washes (this is the logic I will be using to convince the boy to let me buy).





















2 comments:

  1. I say a BIG yes to the DIY socks and the dress in the lilac or the red!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to have a look in TK Maxx for suitable socks this weekend. There's actually like another 20 colour choices for this dress...think i'm going to go for either pomegranate or apricot.

    ReplyDelete